Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

100USD Donated already! Worried oral sex 2nd att.
Aug 6, 2005

Dear Dr. What you do is a great job here. God blace you. I am from Turkey/Istanbul, 30 year old married male. In my whole life, I cheated my wife once, 10 weeeks ago with a sex worker abroad. (suicide :(( Protected vaginal sex, unprotected oral sex (insertive) I had. I know, these are very very low risk activities. However, till I received your website and learn it, I became so nervous when I saw the other websites. Could these be ARS symptoms, what I recently had and have: 7 days later burning sensation on the tongue and dry mouth. My dentist diagnosed as a geographical tonge. (I didn'T know if I had it previously from anxiety??) app.8 weeks later, tingling sensation in my eye and face and I have it since 2 weeks + I am a bit light head. No fewer, no swallen glands, no skin problem. Do you consider my situation as ARS? Am I in trouble DR?? Thank you very much if you answer me.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Turkey-Guy,

I absolutely agree with you. Your HIV risk from the activities you describe would be very, very low. Your symptoms are not suggestive of ARS, but rather highly suggestive of anxiety.

"Suicide"??? No. Guilt and anxiety??? Yes!

If you remain concerned, get HIV tested at the three-month mark, but realize such testing is primarily to calm your fears! O.K.?

Regarding the guilt and anxiety, I suggest you level with your wife. The best way to cope with guilt is to confront it head on. We are all human. That means we all make mistakes. Yes, even yours truly! The important thing is to admit to our shortcomings, accept the consequences of our actions and learn from our mistakes. Strong relationships are built on honesty. As it turns out, it really is the best policy!

Thank you for your generous donation. Your one gift will touch many lives. I'm sending you my very best good-luck karma that your HIV tests will be negative. Although, in all honesty, due to your extremely minimal risk, I strongly doubt you'll need the luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Tricked
Next
pls help!!!! worried to death!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.