Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tricked
Aug 6, 2005

Do health clinics ever use tricks to get you back in to get your results? I specifically went in and asked for an HIV test as well as the other STDs. They sent me a letter telling me I was in the clear, I called in to verify this and they said I still needed to come in for my HIV results. They then called back and said that no HIV test was ever done and I needed to come back in for a new one. What the heck? Do clinics ever trick people to get them to come in for their results given that so many people never return? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"Tricks" to get you back in to get your HIV results? Hmmm . . . No.I would think not! Actually "tricking" is usually the activity that gets you into the situation where you need testing in the first place.

Many clinics require pre- and/or post-test counseling when administering HIV tests. Some clinics require the counseling be in person. HIV test results are often confidential or even anonymous and therefore giving the results by phone or mail may not be an option. My best guess would be that your clinic merely made a mistake and did not run your HIV test human error, clerical error, technical error, whatever. Neither tricks nor treats are part of the HIV testing game. O.K.?

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
The diffrance between the flu and ARS is significant
Next
100USD Donated already! Worried oral sex 2nd att.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.