The diffrance between the flu and ARS is significant

Dear Doctor Robert:

Does ARS include the runny nose, cough, other respiratory flu symptoms. It's always said ARS is like the flu, but how come those symptoms are not ever listed.

When I get the flu, this is what I get, and when I have the cold too. Infact I never get a fever, joint pain, or rash.

If ARS doesn't include those symptoms and only the fever, rash, sore throat, then wouldn't it be safe to say that the best way to diffrentiate between the FLU and ARS is the abscense of runny nose, cough, chest congestion.

1. CAN HIV ARS INCLUDE THESE SYMPTOMS or are they not part of the immune response to any sort of virus. If not, then why do we get them with flu, since it's also a virus.

2. 2 weeks after an exposure, in the middle of the summer in HOT florida, I got a very severe flu (no fever, rash, joint pain, however; coughing, muscle pain, runny nose, etc.) but the doctor said it was the FLU, not the cold. Although I may or may not have been infected (since symptoms don't always apear) should I rule it out a ARS.

expect a donation

Thank you, Confused and probably annoying

Hello Confused,

No, you are not annoying. The answer is really quite simple: HIV ARS does include "flu-like" symptoms; however, the "best way to differentiate between the flu and ARS" is not the absence or presence of any specific symptoms, but rather by getting an HIV test!

Symptoms or no symptoms, if you placed yourself at risk for HIV, you need to get tested. It really is that simple!

Stay well.

Celebrities are immune to HIV!
Tricked