Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Celebrities are immune to HIV!
Aug 6, 2005

I know that's a bunch of nonsense because viruses don't discriminate but I would like you're expert opinion on this.

Why is it that rock stars and celebrities who participate in a merry-go-round of sex partners and groupies and ingest copious amounts of narcotics rarley get HIV? You think that with all their high risk behavior they would be infected easily.

Unless they know how to keep a really REALLY good secret or are incredible liars I don't see how this horrible virus is affecting them more.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I think the life expectancy of rock stars and celebrities who participate in merry-go-round sex and ingest copious amounts of narcotics is really not all that good, except for maybe Mick Jagger, in which case all bets are off. The only person older than him who's still on tour is King Tut.

You are correct: viruses do not discriminate. It's important to stay safe whether you are a rock star, Rocky, or even a Rockette!

Dr. Bob

Previous
My first Gay Experience and it was with a MD, kind of scared
Next
The diffrance between the flu and ARS is significant

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.