Not sure about this...

First...Thanks for a great place to come for information.

Second...$$$ are on the way...

Third...I recently tested negative (Saturday 7/30) for HIV using the Oral Swab rapid testing method.

I was tested as a prior playmate of mine notified me that he had tested positive for HIV. Our last encounter was just about 6 months ago. He is not sure when he was exposed. He felt it was before our last encounter.

Three to four weeks prior to the test I foolishly had a massage with more than a happy ending.

I preformed oral sex and also gave the masseur a "rim job". He later penetrated me with a condom on his penis. He never ejaculated.

I started to show some symptoms of infection. I was showing them prior to the test by about a week. So here is the question... Is my negative result good or should I be re-tested and if so when? If I was showing symptoms would the HIV antibody be detectable at that point by the oral swab rapid testing method?

Thank you

Vince

Hello Vince,

A negative test three months or more after your last possible exposure is considered definitive by most experts, and I agree. Since your last potential exposure was six months ago, your recent negative oral swab (assuming it was an FDA-approved test) is conclusive.

I cannot tell you what is causing your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you what's not: it's not HIV. OK? Read through the archives of this forum. You should find the information there both enlightening and encouraging.

Stay safe. Stay well.

wasting
brown spots, bruises, HIV????