K from Texas*saying thanks

Dr. Bob,

Thank you for your responses. These past couple of months have been very difficult but I can say that your responses have helped ease my mind!! About a week ago my grandmother, who is only 65, was diagnosed with brain cancer. After the biopsy came back, I did some research and discovered that this specific type of brain cancer is usually seen in AIDS pts. This really helped me research and have some understanding of the physiology of CNS Lymphoma, considering all the research I have been doing on HIV/AIDS the past few months. I am sitting here feeling really quilty. I was worried that I had HIV, and now my grandmother was given less than a year to live. This made me realize that living with HIV is not the worst thing that can happen to someone. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. I am glad that I can now devote all of my attention to my grandmother's condition instead of worrying about my non-existent HIV infection (atleast I am almost sure it is non-existent) :). Thanks so much.

My bf and I took a couple of home rapid HIV test. I am not considering them conclusive since they are not approved by the FDA, but considering my previous neg test I think that this is a good indicator of my status!

My grandmother started radiation this week and we are hopeful that she will recover eventhough her prognosis is not good. Thank you so much, and God Bless!

K

Hello K,

I'm sorry to learn about your grandmother's CNS lymphoma. My brother is also battling lung and brain cancer. Helping others who are in need is an excellent way to keep our own problems real or perceived in proper perspective.

Please give your grandmother a hug from me. May the higher powers watch over you both.

I Can Jump and Yell WOOHOO
Woo-Hoo doctor bob not scared or worried anymore