I Can Jump and Yell WOOHOO

Dr Bob:

I am a 53 year old male who went outside a 28 year marriage for one night. Needless to say it has brought months of panic and frustration. The good news is that my 13 week and 23 week HIV test were the same -- negative! I think I can WOOHOO over this now, can't I?

Also, I know it is not this forums purpose, but I do have another question and I value your input as you are both humorous and straight with people.

My risk was insertive oral for a short duration (I dont last long at my age) with a sex worker, which is lower risk (I have been told) for all STDs. Four weeks after this occured I went to my doctor (Internist) and told him what had happened. He then drew blood and urine to check. He called me back 3 days later and said all was clear. I was happy to hear this as I was worried about STDs. I went back to him at 8 weeks and had him check again -- all with the same result, clear, no abnormal indications in the urine or culture. Three weeks ago (at 5 months) I went back to him for my physical and thanked him for being discreet and also asked him what STD test he ran and he said he did not run any. He said he ran a microscopic urinalysis and since there was not a high white cell count and the urine culture was fine he did not need to run any other test and alert the insurance company. Following this I went into a bit of a panic and went to a clinic and had a full STD screen run 2 times, 1 week apart. Fortunately, the results were all negaive for gonoreha, syphlis, and clamydia. I was positive for Herpes 1, but not real worried about that. Well, I felt better, but then heard that some STDs will clear themselves in a short period of time (6 to 8 weeks). Then I began to panic again as I had sex with my wife following my 3 month HIV test.

My question is would his view on the urinalysis, coupled with no symptoms and negative test at 5 months, be enough to think I did not and continue to not have an STD that I could have passed. I asked one doctor and he thought it should be and I should relax. However, after reading this column for the past 4 months I feel I have gotten to know you and value your view.

I will understand if you cant or wont answer, but I would like your input. I want to enjoy my relationship.

Thank you. I will make a donation one way or the other for the privelege of having a place to turn during my troubled times.

Yes, your 13- and 23-week negative HIV tests are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

Regarding potential STDs, I agree with your doctor's assessment. You are all clear. I don't agree with the way he conducted your STD screening. Why is he concerned about alerting the insurance company? That's nonsense. I'm glad you had a proper STD screen performed at the clinic.

Finally, even though you are HIV and STD free, I would suggest you level with your wife. It really is the best way to cope with the panic and frustration over this incident. We are all human; we all make mistakes. Relationships that are built on honesty and trust are the ones most likely to endure. Maybe that's why so many Republicans in congress have such an abysmal record when it comes to marriage stability.

Thanks for your donation. It's warmly appreciated.

WOO-HOO! Stay well.

How far can semen be shot?
K from Texas*saying thanks