Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help! Not in archives...will donate!
Jul 29, 2005

Dear Dr. Bob You seem to be the most intelligent person on this subject that I know, so here it goes... I am a 23 year old male who had sex with another male of unknown status. I was the "top" and he was the "bottom". During intercourse I pulled out and started masturbating with the condom on, and then pulled it off, and continued masturbating with the same hand. Five days later I had a sore throat and swollen glands (which I still have), and I was just diagnosed with thrush. (1) How risky of it was for me to masturbate with the condom off after masturbating with it on, when I had all of the fluids on my hand that were on the outside of the condom? (2) Is my sore throat (which began after 5 days) and thrush indicitive of ARS symptoms in this situation, or do you think that it is caused by all of the stress I have been through over this? I am getting tested in one month when it has been 90 days, but if you could please answer my question, it may help with some of the stress and anxiety I am putting myself through. When you reply, please tell me how to donate...thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV risk is nearly nonexistent. Sure, get tested at 90 days to put the issue to rest once and for all, but in the meantime I see no cause for alarm. As for your "symptoms," just remember symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease, OK?

I'll send you some good-luck karma that your test is negative. The odds are all in your favor.

Donation information for my foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I know you won't post this...but WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Next
Catchy Titles Suck!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.