Big trouble in little England

Doctor Bob

I have written to the queen informing her of the great work you do. I dont know how you answer as many questions with such great answers but i would be very gratefull if you could give me your opinion on my problem.

I live in the UK and have had trips abroad in which HIV possible exposures have taken place. My problem is i have had chronic candida problems for the last 30 months, gradually getting worse over this time and now i am very worried not to mention sick. My doctors cant offer an explanation and antifungals are no good, only a candida diet slows the progression of symptoms.(numbness, tingling, acne, bad stomach, really bad gas, balanitis). Add to this my doctor says the only people that get candida overgrowth are people with HIV or cancer, my doctor and i are stumped with the situation since i have tested negative for HIV 16 times over the last 2 years.

Please can you offer me your opinion Dr Bob.

You've written to the queen . . . ???? Hmmm . . . this forum has so many of those. You must have sent a mass e-mail!?!

First off, if your doctor says the only people that get Candida overgrowth are people with HIV or cancer, it's time you get a new doctor. There are a multitude of conditions that can be associated with fungal infections.

Next, "chronic Candida" is a frequently over-diagnosed problem. Many of the symptoms you describe numbness, tingling, acne, etc. have absolutely nothing to do with Candida. "Candida diets" are not effective. I suggest you get a second opinion from an infectious diseases specialist at any major medical center. My guess is that your Candida problem is really not a problem at all.

Next, 16 negative HIV tests over the past two years is 15 tests too many! All you needed was one. The rest merely corroborated what that single test already told you. You are HIV negative. If you can't accept that wonderful news, you should seek counseling. HIV is not your problem and I very strongly doubt Candida is either.

Good luck!

Cash And Awareness Raising
I know you won't post this...but WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!