Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Calling from dubai crazy italian donation thru air mail
Jul 28, 2005

Dear Dottore, you posted a reply to my original question (mille grazie) and i tried to send money via the credit card system but had many problems. I sent yesterday an air mail letter to your address with 50 euros + 40 US dollars in cash. I know it is not a large amount but i hope it will help a little and hope that you will receive it soon. I just have one final question that perhaps you will have the good heart to respond to. In the incident i described previously i forgot to mention that i gave this hooker protected oral (i cut open a condom and used it on her with no contact between my mouth and her private parts). 5 days after this incident i get a dry cough. I saw the doctor she said it was pharyngitis and since i was travelling to India the next day i wanted something to help me incase i got worse. She gave me Augementin antibiotic. Over the next two days whenever i had the cough it would cause great pain above my eyes and between them (i think it was sinusitis). There was coughing at night time but clear sputum (from the cough), whenever i bent my head forward there was a lot of pain above my eyes. I got back after a week and she checked me and said that i needed an extra week of medication and that my glands were still a little swollen. Throughout this i never had a fever (except one day at 37.5 C, the next day back, because of diarea -- 5 discharges in the space of 1 day-maybe the curry was the cause because i had a pizza several hours after the last discharge and have been ok since).

I told her about my incident and she said that the symptoms i had were not due to acute HIv (and not to worry) but caused by an upper respiratory type infection.

Sorry for being so long winded and an a-hole. Can you just answer one final question for me please ,

are these symptoms consistent with acute infection or am i worrying too much ?

many thanks caro Dottore,

Paolo

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Paolo,

"Are these symptoms consistent with acute infection or am I worrying too much?" Worrying too much! Definitely worrying too much.

I agree with your doctor. Your symptoms are not related to HIV.

Your "protected oral" activity carries essentially no risk for HIV transmission.

Thank you for your generous donation. It will help us provide crucial services for men, women and children struggling with the challenges of living with HIV/AIDS worldwide.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
its the pregnant girl again....borderline suicidal...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL DONATE!!!!!!!!!
Next
Female Condoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.