WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE

Dr.Bob, Unlike everyone else your forum has not made me feel better,but it has made me laugh. Your a good guy and I'm very thankful to be able to write to you.I had unprotected insertive anal sex (with female) 4 months ago.(STUPID) About three weeks after this exposure the symptoms started. 1.Burning sensation on lip. 2.fatigue 3.very dry mouth and very thick saliva (I can't even rinse it down the drain!) 4.Burning sensation on palms with red rashs that show up suddenly then vanish. 5. Dry peeling palms. 6. Swollen glands 7. Constant nasty taste in mouth. 8. One burning area on my gum. I think thats it. I had two Elisa tests at 3 months (negative) and then at 4 months a Proviral DNA by PCR Elisa combination test through Lab Safe. They claim this test to be 99.9% accurate 28 days after exposure. (negative)All of my symptoms are very real.I was tested for Lyme, Hepatitis, Diabetes, Mono- (had it ten years ago) and Thyroid, All negative! Also I know for a fact that my last possible exposure tested negative at the 3 month point. (We went together.) Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doc!

I have no doubt your "symptoms are very real." I am equally certain that HIV is not the cause of your problems. Two negative ELISAs out to three months plus a negative proviral PCR-DNA are definitive and conclusive. So are we agreed that you are HIV negative? If so, why are you still monitoring this HIV forum??? Do you see the real problem here? You are still worried about HIV, even though there is incontrovertible evidence that you do not have HIV! I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you it's not HIV. If your physician can not find a physical cause for your symptoms, I strongly suggest you consider a psychological one. The Forum may not be able to make you feel better, but counseling may very well be able to! Try it; you'll like it!

where to go from here?
Dr Care