All in my Head ???

Hello DR. Bob,

First off great site with so much info. Second you are the MAN !!! I'll leave it at that. So here goes, about 90 days ago I have protected vaginal sex with a female of an unknown status. No biggie except I cheated on my girlfriend of 4 years, then the freakout began constantly depressed, anxiety, stress and what if I caught an STD in the process. Well since the whole thing was protected I know what your answer will be but I still need to ask. I had some of the so-called ARS symptoms no rash, no fever, but some body aches and fatigue probably because I wasnt eating or sleeping much. Went to my Doc who thought I was crazy and didnt even want to test me but he did at 21 days with a neg. western blot but I know thats not enough time so I went to a local clinic and had a neg. 70 day Oraquick done, counselor there did not want to test me either. Now this week i'll have a 93 day elisa 1/2 done which hopefiully will be negative. I am no longer freaking out and life is back to normal for the most part but what about this white tongue !!! IT just won't go away, and i don't drink, smoke or take any medications. I thought it was due to the stress i put myself through but it's still hanging around !!! It started like 3 days after my act of indiscretion. Also i want to have a STD panel done just to ease my fears but my DOC wont due it because he says IM not having any symptoms of an STD but I read everywhere that alot of times there are no symptoms. What can i do? Can I go somewhere else to have a panel done ? I'm also wondering can my insurance or job ever question me as to why I had 2 or 3 HIV tests or STD tests in such a short period of time ? I have learned such much about this disease lately but im still wondering why I dont freak out as bad when I drive 85 mph on the highway without my seatbelt on, or when i forget to take my hypertension meds, these are probably a hell of alot more risky then my lil fling which lasted about four minutes. Thank you and god bless, I am making a $100 donation to your foundation this week.

Scared in Sacremento

Hello Scared,

As you predicted, I will advise you that if a latex condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV risk would be nonexistent. Next, I would agree with the other physicians you've consulted regarding the need, or more appropriately, the lack there of, for testing.

I can't diagnose what's causing your white tongue (it could be normal) over the Internet, but I can tell you what's not causing it: it's not HIV.

STD screening can be performed at any physician's office or at your local health department.

Why would "insurance or job" question why you had three HIV tests and STD tests? The answer is implicitly obvious, don't you think?

Yes, driving 85 without a seatbelt and not taking your hypertension meds are definitely more risky!

Thanks for your donation. It's warmly appreciated. Now go take your blood pressure meds, stop speeding, stop worrying and put that seatbelt on!

Stay well.

Is attractive title necessary
Someone thinking of Sucide in Saudi Arabia