Whoo Hoo and Unlocking the Dr. Bob Code

Hey Dr. Bob,

So, I am pleased to say that my HIV test out to 6 months post exposure was non-reactive! Whoo hoo!! And for the record, my HIV test was negative at 3 months post exposure as well.

So I am moving on with my life. It feels good.

Concerning my subject line, unlocking the code, during my 6 month tenure I found myself going to this site looking for a strategy, a game plan if you will, on how to deal with the time. Most doctors would agree that the best medicine is not to worry (stress), continue with your normal lifestyle (minus unsafe practices), and take a test at either three or six months preferably three. AND THAT IS THE BEST ADVICE.

But, I know how your mid works reader. I have walked in your HIV obsessed, uncontrollable shoes. So, what do you do? Lets UNLOCK THE CODE together. First of all, here is a list of 12 dates and subject lines of writers and Dr. Bob responses that helped me get through the time (including 1 French author and response).

*Yours in ComedyTest Q and A~ April 6, 2005 *HIV status vs Ghonorrea & Clamidia~ May 26, 2005 *FINALLY BEHIND ME! No pun intended.~May 10, 2005 *WhooHoo?? Please say yes ~March 15, 2005 *Re: Simple ~May 10, 2005 *Major Bob: Oraquick Tests vs. Normal Blood Elisas ~June 16, 2005 *The agony never ends~ May 10, 2005 *hiv test + window period ~May 4, 2005 *Its 2005any changes? ~March 14, 2005 *Quick and Simple~ August 10, 2004 *In need of brief answers regarding seroconversion/anxiety~April 18, 2005 *I am at the Suicide Point ~May 13, 2005

There are many more questions with great responses (many a years worth), but hopefully this will give you an up-to-date good start, if needed.

The second code I will unveil consists of what you can do besides (and to avoid) lengthy Internet research. I visited with people with HIV in person and online, numerous Doctors (both specialists and GPs), and HIV counselors. With this combined info, I have concluded that:

-Between 0-3 days post exposure, you have the option to receive PEP, the treatment to potentially eradicate HIV if deemed appropriate. This is no light drug and it must be given out on the most extreme of situations up to 72 hours only. -Your next step is to either take an HIV test as soon as possible following exposure to receive a baseline status, or simply wait for 3 months and take an HIV test to calculate your results. No matter what, taking an HIV test at 3 months is important. Flag that date in your calendar. -To ease your mind, taking an additional HIV antibody test at 6 months will complete the cycle of testing following a potential exposure.

(*extras*) -It is not recommended in a majority of cases by Dr. Bob to take a PCR DNA test due to its inaccuracies, but between 2 weeks to 6 months post exposure PCR DNA test can be considered. -Seek counseling at any time, if needed. -Finally, learn from your experience, and continue to follow safer sex procedures if you plan on having sex. This includes all types of sex (oral, anal, vaginal etc). Also be aware of what and what does not transmit HIV.

In conclusion, do not stress (easier said than done), and attempt to lead out your daysno matter what the outcome. As one of my highlighted articles stated, No matter how long we have on this Earth, we shouldnt waste any of it worrying.

Thank you Dr. Bob for the encouragement and support through these difficult days. Your direct and straightforward responses helped tremendously. I mention you many a night at the dinner table, as you are my hero.

Cheers, B.

Hi B,

Wow, you unlocked the "Da-Bob" code?!? Great. Now what about "Angels and Demons and Bobs?"

Congrats on your negative tests and negative HIV status!

Do you really talk about me at the dinner table? "Dr. Bob and Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treats???" (or should that be trick or treats)? Hmmm..

Anywho . . . WOO-HOO!

Unsafe in foam
Just Tested- Oraquick -Donation on its way