Oral sex type was no risk?

Dr. Frascino, I recently went to see my primary care physician about a possible STD and HIV transmission. I told him what happened and he stated that I possibly contracted an STD (clymydia, gonnorhea, or negative gram, NGU). He told me that the possibility of getting HIV through oral sex was low, but the oral sex I described was "not even theoretical". He did tell me to talk to an expert to make sure and the nurse referred me to this web site as she stated that the experts here would have more specialized information and would be able to give a definite answer to risk. I was told that if there was even a slight risk, he would test- but he and I are confident that he was right that the risk is zero- but making sure. The situation:

I had inserted oral sex in a glory hole and the contact with the person was less than a minute. The contact was only on the shaft of the penis and no cuts or sores were present on the penis. It did not feel as if any contact was near the head of the penis. Due to the information provided, I was told that the intact penis skin and no contact with the head of the penis made contracting HIV through this mode impossible.

So the questions: 1) Is the risk close to 0, or no risk at all? (It was my only sexual encounter)

2) Testing needed? (not worried, just checking with the expert *YOU*.)

3) What is this "negative gram" thing? (Dr. acted like "hell everyone knows that!")

Thanks for your time and have a good week.

Josh in Missouri

Hey Josh in Missouri,

I agree that oral sex that involves contact only with the intact skin on the shaft of the penis carries no risk for HIV transmission. So to answer your questions:

1. Zero, zip, zilch, nada!

2. Nope.

3. "Negative gram???" Hmmm . . . I have no idea . . . . Perhaps it means someone's dear old grandma is HIV negative? (Perhaps he was referring to "gram negative" diplococci? This is a descriptive term for the bug that causes gonorrhea.)

At any rate, I see no reason why "Josh in Missouri" should be a "Josh in Misery," based on the information you provided.

Stay well, Josh.

82 Days
constellation of symptoms