Chlamydia and HepB

Hi Doc. First of all thank you very much for your positive perspective (always). And also for your being funny and serious at the same time. I like to clear up some conflicting ideas and I hope you could answer my questions. Here goes, I started having sex 10years ago and most of them with prostitutes. I already had a couple of HIV blood test (but started only a year ago). I took a couple of HIV test because I always take the test after having vaginal sex (with a condom) or oral sex (without a condom) with prostitutes. Only in the last few test I thought of including the Chlamydia test and other STDs. I got negative with all of them except the Chlamydia. The nurse at the Health center told me to consult a doctor. Now, the doctor (Japanese, because Im currently living in Japan) told me that I dont have to worry and just drink antibiotics 2 weeks which I did. My doctor also made a test but only through my urine and the test was negative. However, when I took another HIV blood test (even when I did not have any oral or vaginal sex with anyone but just to finish the 6month mark) . The result showed that Im still positive with Chlamydia. So I asked the doctor in the Health center why I still got a positive with the Chlamydia even though I finished the antibiotics without missing any, and she told me that even if Im already cured, I can still get a positive result because the chlamydia is still inside my blood. She told me everything in english. But I read from medical articles that if you have chlamydia and you received a treatment properly then it will disappear. Which one is correct? My 2nd set of questions are about HepB. I just had a Hepatitis profile test in my home country. All hepatitis were negative except one Hepatitis B (antibody react). When I researched about this, I saw that there are 2 kinds of result that you can have: antigen react or antibody react. Im quite confused. Does that mean that I already have antibodies that can fight the Hepatitis B and also I can not infect other people? My doctor in my home country told me that I already have the antibodies so I do not need to worry. Is he correct? Do I still need to have vaccination?s Please answer me! Sending my donations.

echi na hito

Considering I've been HIV positive since January 1991, I guess having a "positive perspective" comes quite naturally to me. Actually, being positive about being positive is often easier than "being funny and serious at the same time!"

Regarding your questions:

I'm a bit confused as to how "another HIV blood test" showed you were still positive for chlamydia!?! There are a variety of tests available to diagnose chlamydia, including cell culture, fluorescent antibody, EIA, nucleic acid probe, LCR, PCR and TMA-CT. These tests are conducted on either urine specimens or specimens obtained by using a swab. They are not blood tests. Review with your doctor exactly what tests you had performed and their results. It should clear up any confusion.

Regarding hepatitis B, if your physician advised you that you have "antibodies to hepatitis B" and not to worry, you do not need hepatitis B vaccination.

Thank you for your donations.

Stay safe. Stay well.

genital warts
82 Days