Your website does not accept my credit card donation
Jul 25, 2005
Dear Dr. Bob,
I was trying to donate a humble USD 100 through your website but it does not accept a donation without a zip code. In my country we do not have zip codes. Please let me know how I can contribute.
Now to another QTND.
A month back I had a sexual encounter with a Russian sex worker and I had unprotected insertive oral sex and protected vaginal intercourse and also a brief french kiss.
After a week of encounter I had sore throat which is till continuing and pain in my both arms. I also feel difficulty is swallowing the slaiva. I had shaved my genitals a day before the encounter.
my questions are 1. Are my symptoms consistent with HIV infection. 2. Do I need to get tested considering the very low risk encounter. 3. Does shaving the genitals a day before add to my risks.
Your answers would be a big comfort and would definitely reduce my anxiety.
I would also like to thank you on behalf of millions who are comforted by your answers on the web. The pain you take in responding to these letters shows your love for humanity. The world needs people like you and I wish I can gather enough determination to further your cause in my country Pakistan. If I manage to assemble a team and enough resources I would seek your guidance in how we can help the HIV victims specially the AIDS orphans. May you get all the happiness and love in life!
Response from Dr. Frascino
First to your QTND (question that never dies) French kiss, Russian sex worker, unprotected oral and protected vaginal:
2. Your estimated risk for acquiring HIV would be less than 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Consequently, I agree your HIV risk is indeed "very low." The ultimate decision whether to get tested or not is always up to you.
3. Assuming your shaving technique is better than that of "Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," shaving Sergeant Pepper and the Boys a day before your encounter should not add significantly to your HIV risk.
Regarding your problems making a credit card donation, try it once again. You can leave the zip code blank, but the street address has to match the address the credit card company has for you. If you have further difficulties, please contact us through the Foundation's Web site, www.concertedeffort.org.
Thank you for your willingness to make a donation. AIDS has created over 14 million orphans worldwide a figure equivalent to the number of children under five in America. Your gift will be used to help provide crucial services to these kids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do When Herpes Spreads To Skin?
- What Cream Can You Put On Genital Herpes?
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- Risk Of Transmission Of Herpes From A Toilet
- How Long Does It Take To Get Syphilis Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.