Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WOOHOO 7 Years in the Making
Jul 23, 2005

Dr. Bob, After 7 years of hell (amplified by my OCD), I got the long awaited negative test result from a Home Access test after the finger in the puddle risk. Thank you for your kindness and support in getting through this. For those of you who are worrying about symptoms, let me give you a short list of the symptoms I observed with me and my family over the past 7 years: frequent loose stools/Diarehea, floaters, ears ringing, recurring eye injuries, sudden adult acne, sore joints, swollen glands, warts, white specs on finger nails, constant conjestion, coughs, bed wetting, headaches, stiff neck, red spots, dermatitus, eczema, frequent colds, painless body rash, toes/fingers tingling, herpes, canker soars, dry mouth,whitish tongue, soar throats, weight fluctuations, depression, night sweats, ear aches, bruising, brown spots, poor healing, teeth sensitivity to hold/cold, fevers, chills, acid reflux, purigio, fatigue, nausea, stomach pains, irregular pap smears, poor memory/focus, bronchitus. I think that's about it.

If this doesn't illustrate that symptoms don't mean infection, nothing will. Almsot all of these symptoms have my simplier, more logical explanations than a virtually non-existent HIV risk.

Best Regards

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Finger-in-the-Puddle-Guy,

WOO-HOO! Congratulations!

Your seven-year self-inflicted Hell and your laundry list of "symptoms I observed" is impressive, but not even close to setting a record from the world-class symptom-collectors and anxiety-wonks who obsessively/compulsively lurk on this site on a nearly continuous basis. (You know who you are!)

Stay well, Puddle-Guy! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and good news!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Very Scared
Next
Woo Hoo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.