Very Scared

Hello Bob, I hope all is well. I will reitterate the consistent postings that your website and help is very comforting. I plan on making a donation to your efforts.

I have some worries about an encounter I have had recently. Two weeks ago I participated in unprotected insertive oral sex with a high risk female(HIV+). I had no visible cuts or abrasions on my penis. I ejaculated outside of her mouth and was very ashamed with my anonymous sexual act. 6 days afterward I had diarreah for a day, night sweats for a night, and a very low grade fever for a day and a very faint maculopapular rash on the outside of my hand(very light color red, virtually non-existent, but bumps) This all could have been self inflicted as I was petrified from what I had done. I am not a sexually active person and this was the first time in a very long time that I had sexual contact. I had some slight pain in my penis as well. I was interested to know if the symptoms that I had were indictive of contracting HIV and if my activity might have put me at a risk.

Thank you, Barely sexually active worried person.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS or HIV disease. The risk of HIV transmission from oral sex is very small. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex is 0.5 per 10,000 episodes with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive. I agree your symptoms are most likely the result of being "petrified." If you remain worried and feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, a test at the three-month mark would give you a conclusive result. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this episode. I suggest you review the safer sexual techniques described on this site and review the risks associated with various sexual practices. By doing so, hopefully you'll transform from "barely sexually active worried person" to "barely worried sexually active person."

Stay safe. Stay well.

It has to be Italian.
WOOHOO 7 Years in the Making