Scared to Death Please Answer I will Donate

Dr. Frascino,

First, I just want to compliment you on what a great service you are providing. Thank you! Would you please answer one question for me? I am really, really scared that I may hav HIV. I was tested 2.5 years ago. I tested at the 5 month mark for lower risk exposure (giving oral sex). I though this put an end to my fears and gave me closure, however, I was just diagnosed with an oral squamous papilloma (oral wart). I had it surgically removed, but the doctor said he thinks he may see a new one in my mouth. I know this is an oral manifestation of HIV and I am terrified! I know I am back in the worry well, but was hoping you could shed some light on it? My current girlfriend (been with her since the HIV test 2.5 years ago) has a non wart producing strain of HPV. It is a really aggressive strain and she had to have cryosurgery on her cervix get rid of the precancer cells. Anyway, when I had the HIV test done, I was tested at the 5 month mark. Do you think the warts are an oral manifestation of HIV? I have no other symptoms but am scared to death! Do you think the EIA antibody test I took would be erroeneous? Please answer, I will donate $$ to your wonderful cause.

First off, although warts can be associated with HIV, the vast majority of cases are not related to underlying HIV disease. If your five-month EIA test was negative, you are HIV negative. If you remain concerned or don't believe my advice, you can retest. The results will again be negative, and when you write back to tell me, I promise I'll try not to say, "See, I told ya!"

Thank you for your donation!

Huge Wang, Pre-Cum, and Hyperventilation
Thank you so much for your reply Dr. Bob