|Fingering again - Can it be?
Jul 20, 2005
Dr. Bob - Love ya man, you are awesome.
Scenario: On Tuesday - used Home Access Lancet to collect speciman, then shipped. Wednesday - Got Negative Result - Woo Hoo! Friday - Fingered a Stripper at the local Bada Bing.
Two Questions: 1. Would three days have been sufficient time to have allowed that tiny pin prick to fully heal where you would consider to skin to be intact? 2. Any reason to test based on this scenario?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hey Running Man,
1. Yes, three days should be more than enough time for a tiny pin prick to heal up; unless, of course, you used a machete rather than the lancet enclosed in your test kit.
2. No, letting your fingers do the walking (or, in your case, running) is not considered a risk for HIV, so long as the skin is intact.
Stay safe. Stay well. Congrats on your negative test!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is There An Std That Causes Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.