I need help...
Jul 20, 2005
Hello Dr. Bob, I am a portuguese boy and I`d like to put some questions. I had unprotected sex with a person hiv + and 2 months after I had the most of the symptoms of primoinfeccion. I did at 2, 4 and 6 months tests (4.generation) and they came back negative. But 3 months after the contact I develop a genital candida that still until today (with treatment). My questions are: - Its possible a window period longer because of the genital candida? - Its possible people have candida without a sexual ecounter? - Should I get tested again?
You are invited to come to Portugal, to the Algarve, we have wonderful places with wonderful fresh fish. Sorry my english. Nuno
Response from Dr. Frascino
If you had negative HIV tests at two, four and six months after your exposure, you are HIV negative. To specifically answer your three questions:
1. No, the window period would not change, because of genital Candida.
2. Yes, Candida (fungal) infections are very common and not necessarily linked to a sexual encounter (or HIV for that matter).
3. No, I see no reason for additional HIV tests. Your repeatedly negative tests out to six months are definitive and conclusive.
Thanks for the invitation to visit Portugal! I'm actually hoping to get there sometime this year.
Stay safe. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Syphilis Results?
- Syphilis And Itchy Skin Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.