I need help...

Hello Dr. Bob, I am a portuguese boy and I`d like to put some questions. I had unprotected sex with a person hiv + and 2 months after I had the most of the symptoms of primoinfeccion. I did at 2, 4 and 6 months tests (4.generation) and they came back negative. But 3 months after the contact I develop a genital candida that still until today (with treatment). My questions are: - Its possible a window period longer because of the genital candida? - Its possible people have candida without a sexual ecounter? - Should I get tested again?

You are invited to come to Portugal, to the Algarve, we have wonderful places with wonderful fresh fish. Sorry my english. Nuno

Hey Nuno,

If you had negative HIV tests at two, four and six months after your exposure, you are HIV negative. To specifically answer your three questions:

1. No, the window period would not change, because of genital Candida.

2. Yes, Candida (fungal) infections are very common and not necessarily linked to a sexual encounter (or HIV for that matter).

3. No, I see no reason for additional HIV tests. Your repeatedly negative tests out to six months are definitive and conclusive.

Thanks for the invitation to visit Portugal! I'm actually hoping to get there sometime this year.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Risk from aliens?
Fingering again - Can it be?