athens guy -questions about symptoms & and funding

Dr Bob, I am coming back to this forum asking for your opinion. Just to remind you i have had since the beginning of April local redness on my hands which the 5th which dermatologists tried to manage first with hydrocortisone (nothing happened) then with Elocon (again no result)..In my last visit to a different dermatologist, i told him something i have not mentioned before because i have not noticed , my left foot was white and itchy. I was born with platydodjia (flat feet , especially the left one). Doctor after asking me a lot of time if i am into medicines, examined my feet and told me that i have fungus in the feet that also have a side symptom in the hands.Before i told him about the feet he was really puzzled and concerned about my taking any medicin for athritis or any other cause and i replied no. He gave a therapy consisting of Oral Terbinafine (1 lamisil pill a day every morning ) together with an antiallergic pill at night some powder to put on my feet and a non-soap cleanser . I have been into this therapy for 3 weeks now, i see some result but not that obvious yet.Dr Bob , my two last "risky " encounters were on the 10th of February and on the 4th of April. The redness on my hands appeared around the 6-7 th of April. I have no other noticeable symptom (no swollen glands, no fever,no herpes ,no hives, no mouth symptoms- especially for this one i have visited my dentist for my anual teeth cleaning and he told me that my teeth look perfect, as a ten years old boy). Dr Bob, doctor insisted in having liver function tests because of side effects of oral terbinafine which i have not done ( cost is too high) but i plan to do them if i continue this therapy. I have tested negative for HIV, HepA,B and C on the 8th of May (6weeks after encounter) and on the 6th of June (62 days after encounter, this was only an HIV test, also negative). All HIV tests were 3rd generation Elisas as was told by the testing center. The sexual incidents included unprotected oral (me receiving), unprotected anal with sex toy (my own strapon, never used before) with me receiving, and protected vaginal sex. The three months window period you recommend for HIV testing is covered for my february encounter, not for my april one but the two negative elisa on May (6 weeks) and June (10th week) are a good sign. My questions: 1. do you think i should get retested? 2. do you think i should also be tested for syphilis this time ? I have no ulcers, and no other syphilis skin symptoms and it is more than three months since the last encounter. ( i cross my fingers and hope there is no internal syphilis ulcer inside my anus that i cannot see). 3. THE most important question: If these hand and feet problems i have (which doctor named as  fungal  (tinea ?? )were HIV related wouldnÂt the june hiv test show positive? Having tinea from April the 7th and testing HIV negative on the June 6th is it consistent with an acute hiv infection? Please answer this one, last time i found the answer in the archives this time i canÂt find anything and i am really confused.

P.S. please , do not send these "thank you for your donation letters.. they are very gentle and polite BUT you spend money for writing and posting and this money are needed more for your foundationÂs causes. PS 2: Do you get any funding from non-government foundation such as rotary foundation or lions international? I belong to some none government foundations and i would like to know if there is any way i could help from the inside in order to increase the anti- HIV funding cause.

Hi Athens-Guy,

1. Your HIV risk is very low. However, if you are worried, a negative HIV test three months or more from the last potential exposure would be considered definitive.

2. Syphilis screening is recommended as part of a routine STD evaluation for those who are sexually active.

3. I do not believe your fungal infections are HIV related. Your symptoms are not consistent with acute HIV infection.

The thank-you letters sent to those making donations to my foundation serve several purposes, including notifying donors that their tax-deductible gifts were received. It also allows me the opportunity to personally thank each and every person for their generosity and compassion. If someone wishes to remain anonymous or not to receive a thank-you letter, they can note that with their gift and we'll certainly respect those wishes. Yes, it costs a bit of money to mail the letters, but Miss Manners would never forgive me if I didn't!

Our foundation has not received any gifts from either the Rotary or Lions International foundation to date. If you could put in a good word for us, it would be greatly appreciated!

Stay well, Athens-Guy. It sounds like this latest dermatologist is definitely on the right track!

WooHoo, thank you & what's next....
Risk from aliens?