WooHoo, thank you & what's next....

Hello Dr Frascino, Just wanted to say thank you for your support. I was lucky enough to have my question answered by you. That answere gave me great support through the window period. 13 weeks post exposure and my elisa was negative. YEAA!!!!! Now I am entering the dating scene after 14 years of marriage (recently divorced) and I am just curious to what is acceptable in the area of asking people about thier HIV status. What do you suggest? Is asking enough? When should I feel comfortable enough to trust someone about their status? Thank you very much. By the way, I feel stupid even asking this, (I know you're going to say another QTND's, but its been bothering me). 1.5 weeks after my hiv test I came down with flu like symptoms (haven't had any in atleast 5 years). I know getting hiv from the test is "essentially nonexistant," but are cough, pain in lungs from coughing, flem and runny nose ever associated with ARS? Again sorry to even ask, but I really would like to put this to rest, and I must admit I think I am addicted to your help. Thanks again.

Congratulations and WOO-HOO!

Is it acceptable to ask a date about their HIV status? Sure. It may not be the very next question after "do you come here often?" (But it should certainly be discussed before "cumming," so to speak.)

I should also point out that even though I encourage folks to share their HIV serostatus before doing the mattress mambo,I certainly do not advise you to completely trust what your partner says. In fact even if they strap a lie detector on their Mr. Happy, I would not totally believe the answer. Rather, I very strongly recommend safer sexual practices at all times. It's important to note that 25% of the one million Americans who are HIV positive have absolutely no idea they have contracted the virus.

Regarding your second question, yes, it's a QTND. Need I say more? Please let it RIP and go WOO-HOO, OK?

Stay safe. Stay well.

Window Period
athens guy -questions about symptoms & and funding