Need serious help to relax

Hello Dr. Bob

I've been through Hell and back over the last two months and need serious help to relax. I had unprotected anal sex twice (I was the "top" both times) about a year and a half ago. I recently had three seperate tests done and each one has been negative. For some reason, I can't stop obsessing that maybe the antibodies just haven't been produced yet or may be undetectable. I started counseling to help ease my fear. Am I being completely irrational in my thinking or is there any remote chance that my fear can be realized? Thank you for any response you can give me.

You've been through Hell and back again over the last two months??? Hmmm . . . what happened? Did you decide to vacation in Crawford, Texas or something like that?

Are you being completely irrational, obsessing about HIV following three separate negative HIV tests done 1.5 years after your last possible exposure??? Absofrickinlutely!

I suggest you continue with your counseling. HIV is not your problem! Rather, spending time in your self-inflicted anxiety Hell (or visiting Crawford) is! So get the hell outta there! OK?

JC again - last time, I promise!!
Removing the condom and risk of hiv.