JC again - last time, I promise!!

Hi again Dr. Bob,

OK, I know I had way too many tests, and I now agree with you regarding my HIV status and my blood safety. And actually, I went today and donated.

I was told previously that I had lumbar disc disease, but today I saw a spine specialist, and was told that the MRI was misread, and that is not the case, and my discs all look fine. So what is causing the tingling/numbness/weakness in my legs? I know what you're going to say, it's not HIV. And considering how many tests I had, I would have to agree. So, remember I said this was my last time, and it is! The suggested diagnosis from the spine doc was some form of neurology. So, any ideas as to what could be causing it? I don't have any other symptoms!!! I know this is not your speciality (boy have I heard that a lot from doctors in the last 9 months!), but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for all the help and support, and I will continue to pray for your good health, and support your foundation as well.

This is JC signing off....really!! :-)

Take care

Hey J.C.,

There is a long list of possibilities that can cause tingling, numbness and weakness in your legs, including anxiety! You are correct: I am going to remind you there is no frickin' way it's related to HIV. Your next step should be to see a neurologist (nerve specialist). They should be able to evaluate your problem and suggest a treatment plan.

Good luck!

MRSA as a symptom of HIV
Need serious help to relax