Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Night Sweats
Jul 17, 2005

Hi Dr Bob

First of all thank you for this resource we have nothing like it in Australia.

My question relates to night sweats. About 15 months ago i had casual sex with a female. After i had ejaculated the condom came off inside her, we stopped as soon as i realised. I have been tested for all stds except hiv as i cannot bring myself to do it. I was negative for all other stds.

For the last 2 months i have been waking up in a sweat about once a week and am worried this is a symptom of being hiv positive. I have no other symptoms.

Can you help. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Aussie,

Well, we don't have anything like kangaroos, koalas, funnel web spiders or vegemite here, so I guess we are even.

Your HIV risk is extremely low. Occasional night sweats are not worrisome for HIV disease. Now what's all this nonsense about not being able to bring yourself to get tested??? You ask if I can help you. What would you like me to do? Drive you to the test site? Draw the blood test myself? Either one is fine with me. Just send the Quantas ticket to my foundation office (business class, if possible) and I'll be right over . . . or should that be right Downunder?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr Fauci and CBS interview
Next
MRSA as a symptom of HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.