Night Sweats

Hi Dr Bob

First of all thank you for this resource we have nothing like it in Australia.

My question relates to night sweats. About 15 months ago i had casual sex with a female. After i had ejaculated the condom came off inside her, we stopped as soon as i realised. I have been tested for all stds except hiv as i cannot bring myself to do it. I was negative for all other stds.

For the last 2 months i have been waking up in a sweat about once a week and am worried this is a symptom of being hiv positive. I have no other symptoms.

Can you help. Thanks

Hey Aussie,

Well, we don't have anything like kangaroos, koalas, funnel web spiders or vegemite here, so I guess we are even.

Your HIV risk is extremely low. Occasional night sweats are not worrisome for HIV disease. Now what's all this nonsense about not being able to bring yourself to get tested??? You ask if I can help you. What would you like me to do? Drive you to the test site? Draw the blood test myself? Either one is fine with me. Just send the Quantas ticket to my foundation office (business class, if possible) and I'll be right over . . . or should that be right Downunder?

Dr Fauci and CBS interview
MRSA as a symptom of HIV