K from texas follow up question

Thanks for your response! I am still wondering about the steroids? Would one pack of steroids delay antibody production. I think I was taking 10mg of Prednisone, maybe 5 mg for a little over a week? I had my second test done about 6 weeks after finishing the steroids. Both of my test were neg, one at 1 month after my bf and I got back together and another at almost 3 months. I am hoping that this is a good indicator of my status, that and he only had sex with this girl twice. If the hives were related to HIV, would they last for this long? Oh, and one more question (sorry, I know I am being a pest) My doctor told me that my second test was a test to confirm a HIV infection,(eventhough my previous test was neg) but he said that it was not the Western Blot. (I can't remember the name) He said that it tested for both HIV1-2, but not PCR! Would this test be more sensitive to detecting a low level of antibodies? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your time!

I can actually say that I have learned a great deal from this experience. I have cared for many HIV+ patients and I would find myself judging them, and for that, I am sorry!! I have a totally new outlook on HIV! I know that it can happen to anyone, whether they are rich, poor, educated, non-educated, gay or straight! I think that a lot of people have a misconception of HIV and who it affects. After working with adults I now work at children's hospital and have seen how HIV affects both children and adults. I am going to make a donation this week and I am going to ask my family to do the same. I will also post a msg on our website at the hospital encouraging my fellow employees to visit your site and make a donation! Thanks again.... and send me some of your good luck karma, hey?

This is question is totally personal, so if you don't answer, I will understand....I read your bio and learned that you were infected by a needle stick... Did you experience ARS? And how long after exposure did you test positive? I am just curious after reading the stats, they say that most people test positive on an average of 28 days after exposure?

Oh, and I think you could be converting this Republican to a Democrat... oh shit, my Dubya lovin parents are gonna be pissed at you! lol

Thanks K from Texas

Hi Texan K,

1. Your HIV test results would not be affected by the situation you describe 5 to 10 mg of prednisone for a week or so followed by a six-week interval before testing.

2. Your hives are not related to HIV, so this is a moot point! You're HIV negative!

3. As for details about the type of test you had performed, unfortunately I have no way of knowing exactly what your doctor ordered. I'd suggest asking him! I can tell you Western Blot tests should only be run to confirm a repeatedly positive ELISA test. I would assume your physician ordered some type of HIV-antibody assay for both HIV-1 and HIV-2.

4. Thank you for your donation to my foundation. (www.concertedeffort.org) your generosity and compassion will help us provide crucial services to men, women and children living with the challenges of HIV/AIDS worldwide.

5. Good karma on its way!

6. Yes, I did experience a very classic HIV ARS following my occupational exposure; however, not everyone's experience is the same.

7. Your parents are certainly not the only Dubya-lovers who are more than a bit pissed at me. And you certainly are not the only Republican (soon to be ex-Republican) to be enlightened recently. Have you seen Dubya's recent poll numbers? And isn't it interesting to watch the unraveling of Rove (Bush's brain)?

8. You are not becoming a pest yet!

Stay well!

Dr .Bob

Is using a thong or g-strings safe?
Dr Fauci and CBS interview