TWELVE negative ELISAs out to 24 weeks!

Hi Doc,

It's me, JC, again. I asked about donating blood to the Red Cross with negative home access tests out to 24 weeks. Actually, and now I'm very embarassed to say it, but I had tests at 2,4,6,8,9,10,11,12,19,20,22, and 24 weeks! I know, I know, that money could have been used for so much more. I just kept having symptoms. First I had stomach problems (starting the next day!) and couldn't eat, and lost 20 pounds. It turned out I had an internal hernia. Then, about 3 weeks after my "encounter" (kissing, receiving oral), I started feeling tingling in my legs, which I am still feeling to this very day (9 months later). Turned out I have lumbar disc disease. Anyway, so I kind of freaked out.

I just wanted to thank you again, and I will never, ever, have unsafe sex again. And I plan on donating to the Red Cross each and every time they call (about every two months). Do you think there is any chance my blood is not safe?? :-)

Thanks again, and take good care of yourself and your partner,

JC

Hey J.C.,

You've had negative tests at 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 22 and 24 weeks and you are wondering if I think there is any chance your blood is not safe??? Hmmm . . . Actually, I wonder if you have any blood left to donate! You've already given enough in repetitive, excessive and totally unwarranted tests to keep Dracula happy for centuries.

My opinion about your blood safety and HIV status has not changed from my last response to you.

Stop testing! Please.

Lonely Democrat in TX--follow up question
HIV Tongue in my ass