Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

bit scared
Jul 15, 2005

I had a test after 4 months of being with anyone bar my bf. It came back inconclusive. The doctor said to take a retest after 2 weeks which came back negative for viral load, p24 and antibodies. As I had left 4 months they said it was fine

Is there any chance it might have been a seroconversion? should I get retested? Ihave a new bf, and he has been great, we use condoms but for his sake, will I test again now its been a few months since the last test? yours british lass

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey British Lass,

An "inconclusive" test followed by negative antibody, p24 antigen and viral load tests means you are conclusively and definitively negative. No, you are not seroconverting. No additional HIV testing is warranted, necessary or recommended, unless you've had another potential exposure.

Congratulations on your negative HIV status and your new stud-puppy boyfriend!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
chemo and HIV
Next
Lonely Democrat in TX--follow up question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.