Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I've just registered!!
Jul 14, 2005

Dr. Bob, Yes, its true i've just registered for the AIDS Walk San Francisco..please note that im not trying to bribe you to answer me, ok well maybe a little :) (hey! atleast im honest). But I really did register out of my heart..I feel that even thought im not confirmed to be positive this disease has touched my life in some way. I have been going through 5 months(almost) of hell and I have just about a month left.

So approx. 4 months and 10 days ago I got oral sex from some random person I did not know don't ask why my stupidity was taking over my brain I suppose. Anyway I began to look up symps then completely freak out. About a month after that I met a wonderful man who I plan to share the rest of my life with, bad timing huh? So I refrained from letting myself really kiss him for the first three months..after I got my - three month I kissed him and it felt amazing I also let him finger me and we had VERY brief protected vaginal sex(I made him stop because my mind would not stop spinning with the thought of maybe giving him HIV). Then I began to notice his tongue was white not thrush or anything just white in color and looked similar to mine. I began to FLIP. What if I have infected not only myself but the love of my life as well? I don't know what I would do with myself! I also have a really weird rahs on my left arm right by my elbow they are small raised flesh colored bumps that itch occsionally(ARS/HIV rash?). I hope you don't think im too crazy..but please, please tell me if I can safely be intimate with him because everytime I even so much as kiss him im afraid that I might infect him. I really need you on this one. Please help me.

I do hope to see you on July 17th in one of your sexy 2ixst tanks :) !! Have a lovely day Doc! You are truly one of a kind.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You met Mr. Wonderful and "refrained" from kissing him for three months? And he's still around??? Whoa, honey . . . you are either one lucky lady or your new beau is gayer than a Macy's window at Christmastime.

Here's the way I see it. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. A three-month negative test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem, OK?

Your symptoms are not at all worrisome for HIV ARS. Your HIV fears are completely unwarranted.

What should you do? Why not buy your handsome new stud muffin some sexy 2xist undies and then rip them off him?

Stay safe. Stay well. See you on the 17th.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Pay it forward...
Next
paris condom slipping french desperate !

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.