Pay it forward...

Hi Dr. Bob!

It's your pal Justin Case again. You doubted that I would write you back after my neg. result, but as I recall, this is my second post since then!

I just was writing to your forum readers about "paying forward" the advice that you find on this site. It amazes me how many people are so uneducated about HIV transmission/prevention.

Sure, it's tough to work such a sensitive discussion into everyday conversation:

-- "How's your soup?" -- "Good! Did you know that each act of unprotected receptive vaginal sex carries an HIV risk of..."

BUT... the topic of sex, sexual encounters and (occasionally, even if in jest) the transmission of STI's tend to show up in conversations from time to time. And many people are legitimately interested in getting the true facts about HIV/AIDS. (For example, some friends of mine were under the impression that even protected sex with someone HIV+ would instantly pass the virus upon first contact).

So, while I'm not an advocate of any of the Dr. Bob fans starting a cult and going door-to-door handing out HIV/AIDS pamphlets, it seems as though a great way to pass along the good that YOU are doing is to share the knowledge with others. It shows up often enough that I'd readily state that I've been able to have serious discussions with several dozen friends, acquaintences, etc. without really trying to work the topic into the conversation.

So, for everyone who wants to make a donation, has made a donation or can't afford to make a donation -- I think that sharing this knowledge is a great, free, and much needed way to take a proactive approach in promoting HIV/AIDS awareness and safer sex practices.

That being said -- how's things going with you, Dr. Bob? People always come in here and tell you that a stripper with double-D's named Earl "kneaded their balls like hard boiled eggs in a tube sock" and are freaking out about nothing at all and never even bother to ask how you're feeling and what you're up to! So, I wanna know!!

Anyways, continue to stay well, man the sex channel and your faithful readers will make sure to yell your message from the mountaintops!

XOXO,

Justin Case

PS. If you're going to be in the Southern New England area this weekend, come visit, it's my birthday and something tells me you'd be quite the hit at the bar scene. Hopefully every time someone gets kissed or groped, they don't come running to you for their estimated risk, though..!

Hey Justin,

Welcome back to the Forum!

Maybe it's living in San Francisco or maybe it's me, but it seems like almost everyone I talk to mentions sex. For instance, that everyday "soup" conversation would go something like this:

"Hey, does this soup taste like there's cum in it?"

Or

"I think I'll spill this spicy Gazpacho all over that hot Latin actor/model/waiter and then offer to lick it off."

So yeah, I agree with you, Justin. The opportunities to talk about safer sexual practices come "up" frequently and should not be missed!

As for me, my blessings continue to outweigh my challenges for which I remain grateful. I continue to believe life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Next up on the travel itinerary is Vegas and Boston. So where exactly is this kissing, groping place? Sounds like fun. Order me a Grey Goose Martini, double olive, "justin case" I don't make it there in time for last call.

Ciao.

I wanna woo hoo
I've just registered!!