Caregiver of HIV exposed infant

I am the caregiver of a five month old infant who was exposed at birth. I know they say that HIV isn't transmitted through saliva, but I am still worried. The baby's saliva got in my eye on several different occasions and I'm a diabetic and was told that my immune system is compromised. Is there any possibility at all that I could contract the virus from those encounters?

Nope.

I encourage you to talk to the HIV specialist pediatrician involved in this infant's care. He/she should be able to further reassure you and answer any other questions you may have about caring for an HIV-positive baby.

Neither your diabetes nor the baby's spittle is a concern in terms of HIV transmission.

Please give the child a kiss from me.

Thank you for caring for him/her!

about to get get tested, a BIG question before i go.
Symptoms are not equal to disease