AIDS donations--interesting point

Bob-

What do you have to say about the USA donating more money to fight AIDS under Dubya than any other administration (even when adjusted for inflation)? He has made it a priority, and it seems like you give him absolutely no credit. You act as if he does nothing at all regarding the issue. Your ultra-liberal views are getting in the way of the facts.

Perhaps we just look at the facts somewhat differently.

That Mr. Bush decided to cut off funds for the U.N. Population Fund means that more African girls will die in childbirth. Even more tragic is the fact that Bush's blind hostility to condoms and needle-exchange programs, which are so essential in the fight against AIDS, results in more young lives snuffed out by the virus (1 every 10 seconds).

Bush would like credit for his initiatives, but so far funneling funds into faith-based programs while cutting the funding for well-established AIDS-prevention programs seems to me more a crusade to save souls than a desire to save lives.

I'd suggest you take a look at several organizations that are not looking for credit, but rather are using their time and resources to make real changes on the ground that save lives: for instance, Doctors Without Borders, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, The Elton John AIDS Foundation and even The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. By the way, I may have missed this in your question, but what have you personally done to combat the pandemic? Our fact checkers would like to know.

caregiver exposure
I need woo-hoo from you only