I just wanted to point out...

Thank you for responding to my e-mail the other day (the worried Ontario guy who is addicted to receiving oral sex and recently got tested but has to wait three weeks for the result). You put a smile on my face.

I just wanted to point out something: today a few kids posted a fake thread to read your response. I agree that fake questions have no place on this forum and your response to them was appropriate.

But I just wanted to point out something to you:

Because of your amazing and positive outlook on life you have many fans throughout the world (including myself) - who look to you for guidance, support and encouragement. You have a way of removing the stereotypical HIV fear that so many have.

Your response to peoples questions are factual yet have a way of putting people at ease.

People enjoy coming to your website for one reason: they will walk away with a smile.

As an example - I was feeling down when I decided to visit your website today (its in my favorites). Within 2 minutes you had me laughing out loud. I even printed some of your responses and showed them to my co-workers! Now, they are also visiting your website.

That brings me back to the kids posting that fake question

You see Dr. Rob, I promise you that these kids are not going to other HIV related websites to arm themselves with knowledge. Other doctors may give excellent responses but for some reason their responses seem cold.

Because of the way you deal with this serious disease (humor and a smile on your face), these kids are telling their friends about you and your witty answers. Their friends will then go home and visit your website (although for a laugh).

Without realizing it, these kids are educating themselves about a disease that affects us all. In a way you are not only educating a younger generation but also saving lives.

So many are afraid to learn about HIV because after all if you are having sex you are at risk, be it low or high. And I personally dont know many who are not having sex.

Ignorance is our worst enemy. But because of you and your outlook on life, many have found the courage to face this disease head on, be it arming themselves with the facts, learning about treatments options or finally getting the courage to get tested, as in my case.

This world would be a better place if we could clone you. A million or so Dr. Robs running around the world would help so many more. Unfortunately this is not the case. You have such a positive impact on us all. I guess one Dr. Robert will have to do for now.

Thank you.

Thanks for your kind comments! A million Dr. Bobs running around??? Gosh, that's Dubya's worst nightmare. Well, that and having both Tom DeLay and Karl Rove get arrested the same day. Oh, and maybe falling off his tricycle again. Maybe that's why he's so anti-cloning?

I do hope kids, responsible adults, irresponsible adults and even zany Republicans will indeed find some enlightenment here.

Keep smiling, my Canadian friend. It makes folks wonder what you've been up to!

Stay well.

Obsessed with your site
Feel Really Bad