Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: Dr. Frascino urgently needed in Austria
Jul 11, 2005

Dear Dr. Frascino

Thank you for answering the last question I have asked.

Josef and I are now a magnetic couple . It's not easy, since the meds he was put on made some side effects. Eventough those are not as bad as we thought it's gonna be.

Maybe you remember I was asking you because of my symptoms after I had sex with my partner while he was in the windowperiod. I followed your advise and asked for another test to ease my fears. The test was taken after 32 Weeks and still is negative. The Symptoms whatsoever are going on. The most disturbing are dry eyes, sore throat, dry mouth and occasional pains in the armpits, behind the knees and the neck. I never had a fever again. he symptoms are now going on for the better part of 7 months.

Can I be sure to be negative? Or should I take another tes,maybe a PCR, those are hard to get where I live?

Anyway, If you are in Austria once, we would like to invite you to wonderful Tirol and invite you to a nice Schnitzel and fries?

All the best!

Heribert and Josef

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Heribert and Josef,

Schnitzel and fries? We'll be right over! What time is dinner?

Heribert, your 32-week negative test is definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. Consequently, you are indeed a magnetic couple, just like Steve (Dr. Steve in The Body's Tratamientos Forum) and me!

I can't diagnose what is causing your current symptoms over the Internet, but I can assure you what is not causing them. It's not HIV! HIV PCR tests are most likely available in your "wonderful Tirol," but I see absolutely no reason for you to have such a test. Save your money for Schnitzel and fried . . . or a nice vacation to San Francisco!

Stay well, Guys. And hugs to both of you one magnetic couple to another.

Dr. Bob (and Dr. Steve)

Previous
am i infected
Next
Mom of Hiv+16 year old

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.