Am I at risk?

Hi, I do not have the HIV virus, but was visiting with a friend this past weekend who is HIV +. At an ice cream shop, I offered him some of my milkshake and he drank from the same glass I was drinking from. I thought nothing of it, but he said he was afraid of transmitting the virus to me that way (sharing the milkshake)even though the risk is low. I do not believe he had any blood in his mouth and I certainly did not see any on the glass or in the shake. However, when he mentioned that he was nervous I became concerned. Is there any chance that I could be at risk from this?

The risk you describe is not low, but rather nonexistent. Please advise your poz buddy to check out this Web site and related links. It appears he is harboring some misconceptions about his illness.

Scared man
She took a BITE OUT OH IT!