$100 donation for answering question

Dr Bob, about two months ago I met a girl in a bar we went back to my hotel room and messed around. I asked her if she had been checked recently and she said three months prior, and was fine. She said that she had not had unprotected sex since then. I told her that I did not want to have sex, so we kissed open mouth, and she performed Oral Sex on me without a condom. When we kissed my tongue was in her mouth, and we did not kiss for very long. I did not see any blood in her mouth or on my penis when we were messing around. 1 week after that my penis started burning, and I went and got checked for Syphilis, Gomorrah and Chlamydia, Hepatitis B. All these came back negative, I noticed a soar on the outside of my mouth, but I get these on occasion. Two weeks later I had a very nausea feeling for about a week, it would come and go depending on what I drank and ate. I did not have diarrhea, but felt like throwing up a few times but never did. That went away on its own. The week after that I started kind of feeling tired, but thought it might be from the stress that I have put my body though since this has happen. I have not been sleeping very well, but not from any reason other then stress. I have not had any other symptoms other then these. I have not gone to get checked since I did not feel I put myself and any big risk, and got checked for things that could get passed more easily. I have not had any breakouts on my penis, and having a lot of anxiety about this. I called her on the phone a few times and she told me that nothing was wrong with her and if I did not believe her go to the doctor.

You got checked for "Gomorrah?" Hmmm . . . Dude, I think you may be spending way too much time reading the Bible. I'm fairly sure it and its sister city Sodom were kinda like Vegas and San Francisco you know, fun and sexually liberated. But once again, I digress . . . . Now, on to your question. Hmmm . . . exactly what is your question anyway? All you did is send me a dull story about a chick who gave you a blowjob. I'll assume you are worried about HIV, right? OK, oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring the virus from insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, because we don't know the status of the bar chick who used your penis like a Popsicle. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS or primary infection. Rather, they are quite characteristic of anxiety and stress.

If you remain worried, get HIV tested at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not acquire HIV from this episode. After all, it's not like you had a night of "Sodom and Gomorrah passion," right?

Thanks for your offer to make a donation to my foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Donations are always warmly appreciated; however, please be aware that donations to my foundation are absolutely voluntary and not related to my work here at The Body. So, although your gift would help us provide much needed crucial services to those living with the challenges of HIV/AIDS, donations have no influence over which questions are selected for posting.

symptoms and antibodies
Scared man