please answer goin out of my mind

hi dr bob hopefully this will be third time lucky and my question will get on the forum, basically i had unprotected sex with a prostitute about 3 years ago and have had neg elisa tests at 3, 10 and 27 months but recently have come down with the flu twice in the space of about 7 weeks or so i had a chest infection in may, throat infection and now went to the doc and have been told i have a very swollen papilliae at the back of my tongue, for which ive been given penicillin but dosent seem to be making any difference in addition to all this i have been feeling run down for months with sporadic fevers and lethargy, and swollen glands in my neck my tongue also has a whitish coating on the front and the sides seem to have whitish things on it aswell, also my white blood count has fell from 8 in 2003 to just over 5 in 2005 so my question is could the elisa tests be mistaken? maybe cos im not making antibodies? and what further testing would u advise

i really hope u can take the time to answer me im worrying constantly, i will donate to your very worthy cause

thanks

worried in scotland

Hello Worried Scotland-Lad,

Repeatedly negative ELISA tests out to 27 months is definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative!

Could the ELISA tests be mistaken? No. You are HIV negative!

Are you not making antibodies? No, you are HIV negative!

Do I recommend further HIV testing? No, because you are HIV negative!

I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you what's not causing them. It's not HIV! Why? Because you are HIV negative!

Scotland-Lad, it doesn't really take Scotland Yard to figure out this problem. You are HIV negative, but you are anxious and worried. The solution is elementary, my dear Watson: you need therapy for your irrational HIV fears and anxiety. You do not need any further HIV testing. Case solved!

Thank you for your donation. (www.concertedeffort.org)

plenty of oral sex throughout the years
symptoms and antibodies