Extremely worried

Doctor, I hope you can provide me with some peace of mind. I had protected sex with a massage therapist almost 4 weeks ago. I used a condom and I remember being very careful to make sure there were no leaks or that the condom did not slipped off. However, the day after my sexual encounter I became very sick, muscle pain, nauseated, these symptoms have continued until this day. I am extremely worried, espcially since I am married and have two childen. I have always been a very anxious person but this has increased my anxiety. I'm even fearful of having sex with my wife for fear of getting her sick, become HIV (+). I can't keep track of the number of calls I have made to the CDC Hotline. They always tell me the same thing. If a condom was used correctly I have been protected. However, I don't seem to get it. Please help.....

You had protected sex with a massage therapist. The condom was used properly and did not fail. You've made numerous calls to the AIDS hotline and been consistently told "if the condom was used correctly I have been protected." However, you "don't seem to get it." Hmmm . . . it seems you lack a keen sense of the obvious. This is not a particularly difficult concept.

Let me try one more time. Your risk is essentially nonexistent. Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV ARS or primary infection. They also appeared way too early to be associated with your "massage therapy." So let me be blunt. You don't have HIV. Do you get that???

Listen up, Anxious Guy. HIV is not your problem. The real problem is your anxiety. "I have always been a very anxious person but this has increased my anxiety." Bingo! There's your answer. You need treatment for anxiety, irrational fears of HIV and guilt. I suggest you level with your wife. It's the best way to confront your guilt. And I suggest you get therapy for your anxiety.

So to sum up:

HIV? You didn't get it!

Anxiety? You got it!

Therapy? Go get it!

What up with the risk exposure stats?
The Big Easy (please answer! I'm creative & fun!)