Re:Past the point of Rescue

Dr. Bob I wrote you in Feb. 04 and described a myriad of symptoms associated with what I believed to be a significant exposure. I had them all, most notably severe headaches- all the time - and visible lumps in my inner elbows, groin pain, under arm pain, constant sinus issues, eye floaters, etc. I even lost a lost of facial hair, everything. Couldn't sleep, on your web site for a couple of hours daily and others reading everything I could about how I would select my treatment program when the time came. In short, I was losing it. I lived with these issues for almost two years because I was paralyzed by my belief that I was infected with this horrible illness called HIV.

You told me stop the drama and to get tested and I didn't as I was sure you were wrong based upon what I was feeling. Your advice was like that of Gen George Patton - fear is normal, but don't let it dictate your actions.

I finally mustered the courage (only because I was getting tired of living like that) and got tested. Got the results twenty minutes ago. You were right as usual-NEGATIVE. Hardest thing I've ever done, but no doubt a walk in the park compared to what those persons co-habitating with HIV deal with daily.

You are a solid individual whose humor and compassion and right on advice to all those who write in is an inspiration to so many. Your best Karma and mojo were working for me.

I promised you a donation and am sending one. It won't be the last either. Godspeed.

Glad to hear both my karma and mojo are still in fine working order.

Congratulations! Drama was never your strong suit anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story with all those still struggling to graduate from certified drama-reduction programs. I truly believe testimonials like yours can be very beneficial to those still paralyzed by fear.

Thank you also for your generous and compassionate donations. Helping others in need is one of the best ways I know of keeping life (and its challenges) in proper perspective. On behalf of all the lives that will be touched by your kindness, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Stay well.

Lap Dance with a hand job and quite worried
2nd Try...Please Help Me