Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re:Past the point of Rescue
Jul 9, 2005

Dr. Bob I wrote you in Feb. 04 and described a myriad of symptoms associated with what I believed to be a significant exposure. I had them all, most notably severe headaches- all the time - and visible lumps in my inner elbows, groin pain, under arm pain, constant sinus issues, eye floaters, etc. I even lost a lost of facial hair, everything. Couldn't sleep, on your web site for a couple of hours daily and others reading everything I could about how I would select my treatment program when the time came. In short, I was losing it. I lived with these issues for almost two years because I was paralyzed by my belief that I was infected with this horrible illness called HIV.

You told me stop the drama and to get tested and I didn't as I was sure you were wrong based upon what I was feeling. Your advice was like that of Gen George Patton - fear is normal, but don't let it dictate your actions.

I finally mustered the courage (only because I was getting tired of living like that) and got tested. Got the results twenty minutes ago. You were right as usual-NEGATIVE. Hardest thing I've ever done, but no doubt a walk in the park compared to what those persons co-habitating with HIV deal with daily.

You are a solid individual whose humor and compassion and right on advice to all those who write in is an inspiration to so many. Your best Karma and mojo were working for me.

I promised you a donation and am sending one. It won't be the last either. Godspeed.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Glad to hear both my karma and mojo are still in fine working order.

Congratulations! Drama was never your strong suit anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story with all those still struggling to graduate from certified drama-reduction programs. I truly believe testimonials like yours can be very beneficial to those still paralyzed by fear.

Thank you also for your generous and compassionate donations. Helping others in need is one of the best ways I know of keeping life (and its challenges) in proper perspective. On behalf of all the lives that will be touched by your kindness, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Lap Dance with a hand job and quite worried
Next
2nd Try...Please Help Me

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.