OCD, Depression, Anxiety--OH MY!

Dr. B,

I have written to you once and I'm writing to you again--maybe if you personally tell me that I am OK instead of me getting short-term satisfaction reading other people's trials and tribulations--then I might be fine.

I told you my scenario. Caucasian, hetero, non-drug using college kid has a one night unprotected rendezvous all b/c he was drunk. Got tested 16 weeks after exposure all good, at least thats what I thought.

I have a girlfriend now and we use protection. I was scared myself shitless for the past two months obsessing over STDs and guess what?? I'm still obsessing.

Now my obsession is getting so bad that I can't see the light of day. I do leave my abode but you get the point. I'm seeking psych treatment for my "trauma." Now the real question is: if I'm having protected sex with my girlfriend, is there still a chance of any or all STDs if we press our hips tightly together and if she has razor burn/nicks from shaving? Thank you.

A negative HIV test 16 weeks after your unprotected boozed-up mattress mambo is definitive. HIV is not your problem. I agree psych treatment is the way to go for your "OCD, Depression, Anxiety OH MY!"

Regarding your "real question," I couldn't tell if you were worried about transmitting or acquiring an STD. Either way, protected sex properly using a latex condom offers the best protection from STDs going in either direction.

Your stressin' and obsessin' is unwarranted. Play safe and you'll stay safe.

Immigration Status
Lap Dance with a hand job and quite worried