I don't need to retest!

I want to thank you for the work you do! I had a risky sexual encounter while visiting South America and being only 22 I am of course invincible and never really though anything of it, until about a year later. For some unknown reason I started to look up information on the HIV virus. The more I looked, the more I freaked out. In retrospect, I had flu like symptoms around 5 weeks after the "incident". My girlfriend also had flu like symptoms a few weeks after the only time we've had "unprotected" sex. Once I started to think about these potential symptoms I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, and was having severe anxiety attacks. I finally got up the guts to go and get tested after about a month (anonomys testing through a local sexual health clinic) the test came back negative. I fealt great for a few days but then I started to worry again. Like most others I have read, I thought the test was wrong, or for some reason I didn't produce antibodies after a year. I want to thank you for your straight forward, no bull shit answers and the encouragement you give to everyone. By reading your responses I have realized that I can actually WooHoo. I have made the choice to stop worrying my self sick and be happy with my life. You have given me the strength to not go back and have myself tested another hundred times.

Thank you so very much,

PS, love your politacal commentery, bush is a douche.

WOO-HOO! Congratulations!

"Straight forward, no bullshit answers" are us! (Well, perhaps "gaily onward, no bullshit," in any case.)

Stay well!

low risk or no risk? (uncut)
Symptoms of lymph nodes in primary infection and seroconversion