Desperate for advise!!!

Ok here is the deal in March I had my first experience with a guy. We gave each other oral and I pitched to him while using a condom. He informed me about two months later that he was HIV posative. I freaked out and went and got tested. I know that the window period was not up yet but I didn't know what else to do. The test came back negative and that was about a month and a half ago. Then about a month ago I had a another run in with another guy. He gave me oral and I pitched to hime without a condom. He said that he is HIV negative though. No I am just worried that I may have messed up big time. I am pretty sure that I a ok, but there is just a little thought that keeps coming to me that I may not be. I am going to get tested again in a couple of months, but I wanted to know what you thought as far as my situation goes. I a very desperate to hear what you think my risk is. I will make a donation asap. Thank you for your time. Desperate in Idaho

Hello Idaho-Guy,

You've had three levels of risk. Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV transmission. Protected sex (anal, vaginal or oral) is "protected," if the latex condom is used properly and does not fail. That leaves your episode of unprotected insertive anal sex ("pitching"). The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from pitching to an HIV-positive catcher is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. The actual status of your catcher is unknown. Consequently, your estimated risk would be lower.

I agree testing is warranted at the three-month mark. The odds are definitely in your favor, but anytime you have unprotected sex, there is the possibility of "messing up big time."

Good luck, Desperate in Idaho! I'll send you my best good-luck karma, OK? (Gosh, I just happened to realize I don't know anyone who lives in Idaho who isn't desperate . . . .)

Negative 20 minute Test - Should I still worry?
lap Dance...very much worried