Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and Goldenshower
Jul 3, 2005

Hi Doc,

I forgot to ask you. Can HIV be transmitted by urine. A mistress I saw performed a golden shower into my mouth, I did not swollow anything. She also used a strapon on me which she disinfected with hot water, soap and bleach. This was 3 weeks ago. I thought that this was a "safe" sexual practice as no form of body fluids were passed on (except for the GS)...This is related to the previous mail of "pressure" headaches.

Thanks again for you patience.

Hi Doc,

I recently came across your forum, I've read through alot of the q&a's on the forum. Here is the thing. I've been having what could be described as "Pressure headaches" at the back of the head. The odd "chill", and lower back pain. My concern is this. About 3 months ago I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker. 69. About 3 weeks later had a PCR test which came back negative. I've also had sex with condoms since then. I recently went to see the doctors, as the "pressure headache was not going. They sent me for blood tests which showed I had a viral infection but they did not do an HIV test as they felt it was not required. I am really concerned that I am in the "conversion" stage...

Thanks again for all the info and help you have provided.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I've combined your two questions.

So your mistress gave you a mouthful of golden showers and then used her strap-on? Hmmm . . . I thought you hetero guys usually bought the gals a drink and then shagged them, no? Your situation sounds a bit backwards, but hey, whatever floats your boat . . . .

To answer your questions:

1. Urine is a sterile fluid. It does not contain HIV; therefore, it cannot transmit HIV.

2. Strap-ons disinfected with hot water, soap and bleach would not be considered a risk for HIV transmission. However, I still recommend covering them with a latex condom.

3. Pressure headaches, "the odd chill" and lower back pain are not worrisome symptoms consistent with HIV ARS.

4. Unprotected oral sex (69-ing) would have a low potential risk for HIV transmission.

5. Although I don't recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening, due to the risk of false-positive test results among other factors, if indeed you were "in the 'conversion' stage," an HIV PCR should show high levels of detectable virus. If you remain concerned, get an ELISA test at the three-month mark.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
may be 2nd time lucky
Next
3rd ATTEMPT: HIV-murderer? he spit (blood?) into my rectum!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.