Transmission possible thru contact with days old vomit residue in toilet? Please respond as soon as possible...very scared!

Hi there, Doc! I wrote you once already today, but I must admit I'm very scared for my health and anxious to hear back from you. My friend has had sex with an HIV+ guy in the past several months and hasn't been tested since. She was in town this past weekend when she had a little too much to drink & threw up in my toilet. That was early Saturday morning. Well, Monday night (after 9:00pm)...over 48 hours later...I went to clean up a bit and noticed some vomit residue that must have splashed on the side of the toilet. Not even thinking about the possibility that she could be HIV+, I took a Clorox non-bleach anti bacterial wipe and started to wipe the sides down when I noticed I had a small hang nail cut open on the top of my pinky finger. I had no gloves...I know...stupid of me. I definitely didn't touch the actual vomit with my finger, but I'm afraid that the cloth might have rubbed up against it. Am I at risk of getting HIV this way? Most everyone that I have spoken to (including the CDC) said for me not to worry at all...that HIV could not possibly survive that long...but I respect and want your opinion. Please let me know as I am in a great relationship right now and would never want to put my boyfriend or anyone else at risk for that matter if you think I'm at risk. Your response is anxiously awaited. Thank you so much! And by the way, I really appreciate what you're doing for the HIV community. -Melissa

Hello Melissa,

You've already written twice today? Gosh, how many times to you think I want to read about Puking Penelope's Porcelain Throne Adventures? Relax, Melissa, I agree with the CDC on this one: no risk! Except the risk I might start to lose my appetite for dinner if you don't stop telling me about vomited splashed toilet bowels, OK?

Stay well.

Stress & Antibodies??
! 10th time - NOW EVEN HITTING THE MONITOR WITH MY HEAD JUST TO GET YOUR ATTENTION BOBBY