DR. BOB - 4TH ATTEMPT WILL DONATE $200

Dr Bob, I really admire all the work you do to help ease the fears of those of us who believe we may have contracted HIV. The thing is i had an enconuter that freaked me out. Earlier on in April I was engaging in protected insertive vaginal sex with a sex worker (we were doing it doggystyle if the position matters..). Anyway, as we were going to change position i pulled out and noticed the condom broke. It had rolled itself down to halfway down my penis. After that we removed the condom and she proceeded to finish me off by hand. When the condom broke she was scared and she told me she was afraid of getting infections (which I took as a good sign) - another detail, the brothel she works in has a policy that condoms must always be used. Anyway, a month after I started reading up on HIV and needless to say I began experiencing symptoms. The first symptom I experienced was a flu that lasted 3/4 days. Anyway, I had to wait a week before summoning up enough courage to get tested. I went to my college health services and the nurse performed all STD tests (including HIV). All were negative. After 2 weeks, I noticed the gum surrounding one tooth was bleeding and the gum was receeding - my nurse told me this wasn't a symptom and I have nothing to worry about. Earlier this month I noticed I lost 2kgs and this got me worried - but then I realized that it was probably because I was having diarrhea (my stomach is very sensitive to air conditioning and I experienced several bouts of diarrhea). Anyway I began researching and reading up on this website and I saw that the risk of contracting HIV from one episode of unprotected vaginal sex is less than 1%. I assume this is even less because her HIV status is not known and we did use a condom (even though it broke). Should be worrying? Thanks a lot Dr. Bob. and sorry for the lengthy email.

Your stomach is very sensitive to air conditioning???!!!??? Have you been eating air conditioners again?? Oh well, no matter. It's probably just as tasty as the college food service "gourmet" meals.

The estimated per-episode risk of acquiring HIV from insertive unprotected penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. You are correct your estimated risk would be even less, because your partner's HIV status is unknown.

So should you be worrying? No, it's really not warranted or helpful. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this condom-popping doggy-style dilemma.

Should you get HIV tested at the three-month mark? Yes. Testing is warranted do to the condom failure.

I'll send you my very best good-luck karma that your test will remain negative, OK?

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one compassionate gift will touch many lives in a very meaningful way.

Where do I make my donation? You answered my question I promised to donate but I dont know where to do it.
Should I test? Cum in Mouth...