Very low risk of infection when not using condoms

I have long believed that the HIV threat to hetero-sexual, non drug-using men is hyped-up by a moral-crusading media. Consequently, I have put myself at risk to test my theory. Over the last 20 years, I have had unprotected sex with over 3000 working prostitutes (no exageration, I promise), mainly in the UK, where I live, but also in HIV 'hotspots' like Thailand (been there 20 times) Cambodia, Brazil, Eastern Europe, and so on (30 different countries). 90% of working girls will do it for the right money, believe me. The only precaution I always take is that I wash throughly with hot soapy water immediately after sex, and always urinate (to clear the tube) while doing so. Recently I offered myself for an HIV test for the first time (plus several other tests as well). The results came through today: negative on all counts. Of course I realise that my own case proves nothing, and many will regard me as foolhardy, but surely I am making a point: that cleanliness is more important than condom use (especially when they split). What all these do-gooding health advisers don't appreciate is that when men reach middle age (I am 58) using a condom is 'no-no' because of loss of sensation and, hence, pleasure. So why not shift the emphasis from condom use, which many ignore anyway, to thorough washing and urination immedately after sex. It works for me. I'd be very interested to hear from others, especially from medics. Thanks. Tony

Hello Tony,

You "believed" that the risk of heterosexual HIV transmission is hyped up, so you put yourself at risk by having unprotected sex with 3,000 working prostitutes in 30 HIV-hotspot countries?!?!? It's always so heartwarming to see altruistic folks willing to sacrifice themselves for science in such an unselfish way. "Foolhardy?" yes, perhaps some will regard you as such. I have a few other words in mind, but being a gentleman, I'll keep them to myself for now.

The estimated risk for acquiring HIV per episode of insertive penile-vaginal sex is 5 per 10,000 exposures to a partner confirmed to be HIV positive. Consequently, I absolutely agree your adventures in foolhardiness "prove nothing" scientifically or statisically. Although it does most likely confirm your permanent spot in:

1. "Ripley's Believe it or Not"

2. "Sex Secrets of the Rich and Idiotic"

3. "Sexual Russian Roulette for Dummies"

Tony, "beliefs" belong in church on Sunday, not between the sheets on a Saturday night as you bang cock in Bangkok! What the health advisers "don't appreciate" isn't really the problem here. Tony, your behavior is not a noble scientific quest for knowledge and truth, but rather an unconscionable act of a hedonistic 58-year-old pleasure seeker with his head in the sand. If you had contracted HIV at the time of your first unprotected encounter and have not "offered" yourself for testing until "recently," you would have placed 2,999 others at risk. Luckily, most prostitutes are much more aware of the actual risk associated with unprotected sex and would not agree to your reckless and unreasonable pursuits of pleasure. Shame on you, Tony. Oh and by the way, if you happen to decide parachutes are overrated when it comes to skydiving, please don't take anyone with you as you test your hypothesis and jump from the plane "protected" only by your beliefs.

marijuana
Worry very much