Jun 27, 2005
is marijuana safe to use with meds? Do you believe there are any significant risks with using it socially about 3 or 4 times a year?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Is this a trick question? Are you from the Justice Department? What with all the raids on medical marijuana clubs, one can't be too careful these days.
To answer your question, there are no significant drug interactions between HIV meds and marijuana. Chronic long-term smoking of anything can lead to lung and/or heart disease. The primary risks I see from socially partaking in toking Mary Jane are that:
1. You might get so stoned that you forget to take your HIV meds, because you're so busy chortling at Seinfeld reruns.
2. You might get nauseous from the interaction of munching too many Doritos and Ding Dongs simultaneously.
One last thing: if you are from the Justice Department, I don't know nothing about that plant in my backyard.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Can Pap Test Show Signs Of An Std?
- Std White Bumps Under Penis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.