Jun 27, 2005
is marijuana safe to use with meds? Do you believe there are any significant risks with using it socially about 3 or 4 times a year?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Is this a trick question? Are you from the Justice Department? What with all the raids on medical marijuana clubs, one can't be too careful these days.
To answer your question, there are no significant drug interactions between HIV meds and marijuana. Chronic long-term smoking of anything can lead to lung and/or heart disease. The primary risks I see from socially partaking in toking Mary Jane are that:
1. You might get so stoned that you forget to take your HIV meds, because you're so busy chortling at Seinfeld reruns.
2. You might get nauseous from the interaction of munching too many Doritos and Ding Dongs simultaneously.
One last thing: if you are from the Justice Department, I don't know nothing about that plant in my backyard.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rash In Hand From Std
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
- Does Lambskin Condom Look Different From Latex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.