WOO-HOO!!!! But hard to move on

Dear Dr Bob,

I am from the Lion City, Singapore. I had been tested negative at 29 weeks by Elisa, Orasure and the Hemma Strip Rapid test. We are testing Orasure in Singapore now. I will like to thank you for your reassurance by answering one of my email months back.

However, i did remember clearly my lymph nodes at the arm pit did swell one month after my protected sexual encounter. Shortly, i have a mild sore throat and loss of appetite (both symthoms still present). The funny thing is, my white blood counts, they are all normal, a previous white blood count showed some elevated lymphocytes. (Doctor said probably a normal virus infection). I tested myself for Hep B, Hep C, CMV and Epstein Barr, it's all good.

For my mild sore throat and lack of appetite, what is it due to? Can it be my blood count is normal and yet i am infected by some virus.....should i see a ENT specialist?

Thanks and WOO-HOO, whatever it is, do not self diagnose and ASSUME! Be safe, get tested

Hi Singapore Guy,

Your (non)exposure was "protected" sex and your ELISA and OraSure tests are negative. That means HIV is not your problem.

WOO-HOO!

"WOO-HOO" is an exclamation of intense joy similar to "YABBA-DABBA DO." Does that help explain it? Actually the phrase was first used in this forum a number of years ago by a woman whose HIV test turned up negative. She was so happy she yelled (or at least typed) "WOO-HOO!" and the phrase caught on from there. As for YABBA-DABBA DO, that has to do with Fred and Wilma, Barney and Betty, and a pet dinosaur named Dino. Oh, never mind. You're negative. Yell, "WOO-HOO" and go celebrate!

I cannot diagnose the cause of your mild sore throat or lack of appetite over the Internet; however, I can tell you HIV is not the cause!

For any ongoing complaints, see your general medical doctor for an evaluation.

Good luck. Stay well.

Question technique(p24)...
Healthcare in the Bible Belt