She's + I'm - and we want kids
Jun 23, 2005
I have done plenty of research and we are comfortable having a child. My question is, what is the best way to get her pregnant without exposing myself to HIV?
Response from Dr. Frascino
If she's positive and you are negative, I would recommend in vitro fertilization. Talk to an HIV-knowledgeable obstetrician. She or he will further explain the procedure and will also need to follow the pregnancy closely to decrease the risk of mother-to-fetus HIV transmission. With the proper precautions, you'll be changing diapers before you know it!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Accidental Intake Of A Double Dose Of HIV Medication
- ARE SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES IN THE GROIN VISIBLE?
- Countries Who Require Hiv Tests For Working Visa
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.